Paul Bennett aka Cralion. A Friend Made Me Remember. Bloomington: Xlibris Publishing, ISBN 978-1-44154-812-2. 2009. Perfect Bound Softcover.




Overview:


Paul’s writing spirit was revived in 1993 and he was re-inspired by a friend named Kim to renew his poetic writing and thus A FRIEND MADE ME REMEMBER WAS BORN to be followed by another book entitled FOR THE LOVE AND LOVER IN YOU. Three poems from that book are found in the highly acclaimed book THE CHOCOLATE SHIP by celebrated author Marissa Monteilh who also wrote MAY DECEMBER SOULS, HOT BOYZ, MAKE ME HOT AND MORE. Ms. Monteilh also wrote, “Paul Bennett is poetically talented beyond his years. A FRIEND MADE ME REMEMBER will lyrically touch each of your senses, and passionately stroke your soul. You will be moved, you will be touched, and your heart will be warmed by the flow of his genius.” Debra Clayton, celebrated author of RAP SUPERSTAR wrote, “blessed and truly talented. Although I find all of your poems to be intoxicating and mesmerizing, there were a few that climbed into my heart. God has blessed you with an incredible gift. Let the rest of the world experience what I experienced when I read your touching, thought provoking words.” Bennett’s writing spawned an anthology of poems contained within and reflects not only his gifted penchant for writing poetry, but reveals something about the man, his strong feelings for family, people and the world in which we live.


Book Teaser:


A Friend Made Me Remember


(Dedicated to the true love of my life Jessie
Faye Shackelford, my mother)

You’re always in my heart
hidden deep in my thoughts . . . in me
The pain of losing you submerged by many years
and a deluge of tears
From your inspiration my life has gone on
time brought acceptance of your absence from my life
But your love remains one with my entity
it sustains me . . . that an God
I still have the need to give you my love
I cry silent tears for need of yours
Both desires share your memory,
both lost the gift of you
Then a friend made me remember in vivid reflection
the joy of loving you, the happiness of being with you
The pain of losing you
the despair of needing you
The question of why still lingers strong
yet the answer may be too clear
I just don’t want to see
when you took your life, you took mine from me
I too have tasted emptiness, and it’s all bitter flavored
its loneliness, its despair, the hopelessness
The depression that says “to hell with it all"
I need to stop the pain in the void of death
There were guilt’s burdens that robbed my strength
my peace of mind, my faith
Drained away with years matched by waves of tears
knowing the instrument of your demise . . . was mine
I should have taken it with me
I should have known your mind
I didn’t see them, but there had to be warning signs
please forgive me
My survival is in your strength bequeathed in blood refined,
your love protected me
Memory of your smile encouraged me
sustained me, filled the lonely abyss left by your passing
Inhabited those empty spaces somehow, someway
Reminded me of your devotion, a lifetime of caring to your children
Bernard, Brenda and Me
I didn't understand you leaving us three
but then Iwas only thinking of them . . . and me
Alas hindsight is cruel with no sympathy for mistakes and recriminations
I didn’t always say what I should have said
These words came slow to my lips in life, but were in my heart
Ithank God Isaid them before your life here was no more
Know I loved, love, and will always love you more than life
My gratitude to God for your womb that bore me
for the arms that held me and comforted me
The breasts and spirit that nourished me
my prayers and blessing on him for your motherhood
Thanks mom


Click here to order this book available at Xlibris Bookstore.






       Writing A Book? Call 1-888-795-4274 or email publishtoday@xlibris.com for your free consultation. Get Started today by requesting your Free Editing Guide